Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Tapped Horn for Bass?

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Has any board member heard a tapped horn used for LF with A7s?.

    Marshall.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not with A7s but a pal is using a tapped horn with an Eminence Lab 12 driver in his DIY horn system. The tapped horn does an excellent job; makes deep strong bass and has excellent dynamics and keeps up with the horns above.

    I have a Lab 12 driver myself and have been thinking about building a tapped horn but I'm so lazy.

    Here's my pal's rig. The tapped horn is the bench like enclosure under the window.

    3

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 18, 2008 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brennan ]</font>

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have never heard of a tapped horn, but I did a quick Google and came up with:
    http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/24934/0/

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My knowledge of tapped horns would fit in a thimble, but I know a guy that's well versed in them...

    Rather than commit him, I'll just point out a couple of threads on the DIYAudio forum he's participated in;

    http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...674&highlight=

    http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...340&highlight=

    Get comfy before diving in, the first thread alone is over 2,000 posts and growing... forums

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Cal Weldon:
    ... I didn't know about forum protocol...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's that, Cal? forums

    Obviously, I don't either, I just keep my foot in it till I hear the sirens. forums

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks bfish, I was going to post those links but I didn't know about forum protocol and linking to another site. Those threads are involved but good personnel and good reading.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Marshall,

    I had a feeling it was OK but I thought it a bit presumptuous with my connection to the site. I try not to openly promote it on other sites.

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 20, 2008 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Cal Weldon ]</font>

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Cal,

    Re protocol on posting links, see para 11

    http://www.hostboard.com/terms.shtml

    Marshall.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Plan for 15 inch Eminence-web page1

    Other sites-web page2

    web page3

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Also, Google 'Hornloudspeaker Magazine March 2008'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.